The New England Scholastic Press Association

NESPA

NESPA

NESPA

2024 Spring Conference Program & Info

Take a closer look:

The Day’s Schedule

Session Descriptions

Who’s who of presenters

Session planning worksheet

BU area restaurants

PDF of full program

General Conference Information:

Check-in begins at 8:15am at the Boston University College of Communication located at 640 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215. We have a fantastic lineup of speakers ready to share their expertise with your students, including an excellent keynote at 11am given by A Sherrod Blakley about the state of journalism today. The schedule is as follows:

Track 1 9:00-9:45

Track 2 10:00-10:45

Keynote 11:00-11:45

Lunch Break 12:00-12:45

Track 3 1:00- 1:45

Awards Presentation 2:00-2:30

We will be only printing a slimmed-down, simplified program for distribution at the conference. The program is attached above in a few different file types for your convenience.

Payment 

We will collect your membership payments, additional attendee registration, parking payments and any other outstanding payment you have due to NESPA at the registration table.

Here is a reminder on registration costs:

• Registration

• $50 Annual Membership, includes 10 attendees Friday

•  $3  Member conference registration (per attendee over first ten)

•  $5  Non-Member conference registration per attendee $6

• Parking: $30 Per Bus  $12 per car

Lunch

We are hosting an advisers only luncheon with free food to discuss the future of NESPA and what you would like to see going forward from the organization.

Above a pdf of places within close walking distance to the COM building for students to grab lunch. Students should be prepared to purchase lunch or bring lunch with them. Lunch is not included for students in the cost of the event.

Parking 

Those of you who pre-registered and selected car or bus parking will receive a separate email with your parking passes and other parking information. If you selected the need for parking and do not receive an email with more parking information, please contact me immediately to see if we can still fit you in our parking allotment, otherwise you will need to find publicly available parking, public transportation or other means of transportation.

Social Media 

Follow us (and have your students follow us) on Instagram at @nescholasticpress for updates and more details about the day. Please tag us in your Insta posts and stories throughout the day!